Thursday, August 13, 2009

Don't Be Naive.
Be Prepared.


Have you heard? The "recession" is over. The economy is "leveling off".

Don't be naive.

  • The number of foreclosures rose 7 percent from June to July. Banks repossessed more than 87,000 homes in July, up from about 79,000 homes a month earlier.
  • The federal government has "monetized" more than 1.2 trillion dollars of its own debt since Obama took office, including hundreds of billions more just last week.
If you don't know what that means, I'll tell you: Hyper-inflation is inevitable now. The result of that ... probably economic chaos, the big crash. Reality is about to smack down the once great United States of America. The mass delusion will finally be revealed: the church in America (Christian believers in this country) are in the same position as was the church in Laodicea:

To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:
These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation. I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth. You say, `I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.
Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.
To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

--Revelation 3:14-22


On February 5th, I wrote: "A wise person once observed that people (populations, cultures, societies) usually end up getting the government they deserve. I also believe that, which means the freedoms we have been abusing and taking for granted in the United States, and the ever-increasing level of collective greed and self-interest that motivates our decisions and actions will have (and is already having) the effect of an ever-decreasing level of freedom and prosperity."

That "ever-decreasing level of prosperity" will suddenly plummet in coming years. Be prepared for it. At least think it through.
How will you respond when it happens? How will you live?
Remember: "No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other.
You cannot serve both God and Mammon [money]."
-- Matthew 6:24




No comments:

Post a Comment